Friday, July 2, 2010

How to Shop at Walgreens

For those of you who are new to shopping at Walgreens, here are some things you might want to be aware of.

Walgreens has their weekly ad online, as well as in the front of the store.  There is also a monthly coupon book.  Store coupons can be combined with manufacturer coupons for amazing discounts.  They will often even tell you in their weekly ad if there is a coupon in the most recent Sunday paper.  But don't let that keep you from looking back at old coupons.  Some are good for 3-6 months!

Register Rewards is Walgreens' program for getting you to come back to their store.  Make sure when you make a purchase that you wait for them to print them off.  Keep them in a safe place - they are like cash!  You need to purchase one item for each Reward coupon you redeem.

In the picture above, you can see how I keep track of it all in my coupon binder.  Notice that I have a pocketed tabbed divider that I stick the weekly circulars and my printable shopping list in (this week there is an extra circular for the holiday).  On the right, you will see that my register rewards are in the top of a 4x6 photo sleeve. The empty sleeve is where I put the coupons that I plan to use during my trip.  The monthly coupon booklet and another store coupon I received at checkout are in the other sleeve.  When I put a coupon item in my cart, I move the coupon from the sleeve on the left to the top sleeve.  Then, when I check out, they are all in a nice pile.

Speaking of checking out, always put your manufacturer's coupons on the top of the pile.  Otherwise, you may cause the register to do a lot of beeping, and the clerk will get frustrated.  When you use the store coupons, the price is reduced.  Then, if you use a manufacturer's coupon that makes the price go lower than the cost, the register won't like it.  Store coupons are based on items purchased, rather than purchase price, so if they get rung last, they won't error out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saving With Seven is your source for great savings in the Waconia, MN area.

I love reading your comments! Comments may not show up instantly, as I do screen them for inappropriateness. If your comment is about a great deal that I think is something big, I may decide to create a new post based on your comment, rather than just adding it as a comment to another post. Thanks for reading Saving with Seven!