Thursday, July 1, 2010

Saving with Seven

$13,773.54

I had been budgeting $900 per month for groceries for my husband, my seven children, and myself.  That number you see above - that's how much I actually spent on groceries in the last 12 months.  That averages out to $1147.79 per month.  So much for my budget.  That's insane!

Last month, I decided I needed to come up with a solution.  So, I decided to start using coupons and rebates.  Yes, I've tried coupons before.  But never the way I am doing it now.  I decided to do it the way I learned from www.freebies2deals.com, complete with the 3-ring zip-up binder.  No more haphazardly rummaging through an expandable index file to see if there happens to be a coupon for each item I purchase at the store.  Now, if I notice a great deal on an item in the store, I can flip through my neatly categorized binder and see if there is a coupon.

But I digress.  This blog is to log my experience saving money on groceries, and to help others in Waconia, MN to do the same.  Other blogs have national stores on their websites, such as Walgreens and Wal-Mart.  I'll include deals I find at our local Walgreens, as well as at Mackenthun's and Target, and any other great deals I come across in Waconia that are worth mentioning.  If you find a great deal in Waconia that you would like to share with me and the guests of this blog, feel free to comment to any post, and I may choose to display your comment, or even create a new post based on your comment.

Thanks for joining me on my journey of Saving with Seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saving With Seven is your source for great savings in the Waconia, MN area.

I love reading your comments! Comments may not show up instantly, as I do screen them for inappropriateness. If your comment is about a great deal that I think is something big, I may decide to create a new post based on your comment, rather than just adding it as a comment to another post. Thanks for reading Saving with Seven!