Tuesday, April 10, 2012

4/10/2012 Target & Walgreens

I went to Target today. There really aren't many terrific deals at any of the stores this week, probably because of the holiday. But I needed juice boxes for the kids' lunches. There were a couple of coupon match-ups to take advantage of while I was there.

Archer Farms Fruit Strips were on sale for $2.69 for a 10 pack. Normally, they are $2.99.  I almost always have a $1/2 coupon or two to use when I buy them, and this week was no exception. So, the boxes were each $2.19. That is about $.22 per fruit strip, which is nicely under the $.25 I try to keep school lunch items.

Capri Sun SuperV Juice boxes were on sale for $2.65 for a box of 10. $.27 each is about as good a price as I normally see, so I got four boxes.

I saw a great match-up on Aquafresh Fresh and Fruity. Target had a $1/1 coupon, and so did Coupons.com. They were $2.19 each. I had printed two of each coupon, so I paid $.19 each and got two.

I saved $.15 for using cloth bags and got 5% off for using my Red Card. The total was $18.61.

I also stopped by Walgreens for Keebler Crackers and trash bags. I also knew about a promotion on their store brand, Nice, so I thought I would check it out and see if there were any good deals.

The trash bags were $5 for 45 bags. They were Nice brand. The promotion on Nice products was for a $2 RR when you spend $10. Plus, most Nice products, other than the trash bags, had a B1G1 Free offer. The Nice 11oz sunflower nuts were $2.49 (and my husband had requested them for the next time we have chef salad), so I got two. I needed another $1.25 to complete the deal. The Nice 3oz gelatin was priced at $.69, so I bought three of those. After the 50% off on the second items, I had hit my $10 for the $2 RR. Looking back, I should have gotten one more gelatin to get another for half off. Duh.

Club crackers were 4/$10 with a $3 RR. I had one $1/2 off coupon. I really wish I had gotten more newspapers that week! In the end, they were $1.25 each. I consider this a pretty good deal anyway.

I used a $10 RR coupon, so my total bill came to $10.07, and I have another $5 in RR for next time.

I am up to $28.68 for the week.  I don't think I'll spend a lot this week, as I don't plan to go to the store for anything other than milk and produce for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saving With Seven is your source for great savings in the Waconia, MN area.

I love reading your comments! Comments may not show up instantly, as I do screen them for inappropriateness. If your comment is about a great deal that I think is something big, I may decide to create a new post based on your comment, rather than just adding it as a comment to another post. Thanks for reading Saving with Seven!