Monday, April 2, 2012

Walgreens 4/2/2012


It is a beautiful day in Waconia, MN; just right for a mile's walk to Walgreens with my daughter. We took the little red wagon so we wouldn't have to carry bags home with us and so that she could ride if she got tired of walking. We saved on gas (which at 11 m/gal in my huge van adds up) and got some much-needed exercise at the same time. I am back into the swing of things with couponing. I have determined that I need to bring our grocery bill down to $200/week. Keep in mind that I am shopping for a family of 9, so that is less than $100 per person for a month. 

Now for the excitement!

30 ct. Zyrtec tablets, plus 10 bonus tablets are $18.99 each on sale. This was not marked on the shelf properly, but it is in the ad. This Sunday's paper had an $8/2 24 count or more coupon in it. Also, there was a Register Reward of $10 when you buy more than $30 of Zyrtec (or other qualifying products). This brings the total cost per pill down to $.25!!

Jell-o gelatin has a coupon in the Sunday paper for $.50/2. The Walgreens ad has a coupon for $.59/each, up to 3. I purchased two, bringing the price down to $.34 each.

Rice Krispies 15 oz. cereal is on sale for 2/$5. I had a $1/2 manufacturer's coupon that I printed out on Kelloggs.com. Then, there was a $2 Register Reward for purchasing two. The reason there are two UPC codes in the picture is that I have a rebate form for a $10 gas card for sending in 10 selected Kellogg's UPCs. This brought the price of the Rice Krispies down to $0. Well, except that I do have to pay for a stamp and envelope, so across all 10 UPCs, I'd say that it is about $.05 per box. 

Revlon beauty tools are B1G1 50% off this week. The regular price of the emery boards is $1.59. After the sale, they were $1.19 each. With two coupons from the Sunday paper for $1 off one, they were $.19 each. Also, a checkout coupon printed off for $4 off Revlon Nail tools. I may or may not use that in the future. It has a far-off expiration date, so there is time.

As far as the eggs go, they have a sale for 2/$2. I had an Incredible Edible Egg coupon from Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/IncredibleEdibleEgg/app_216737171706225 for $.55/2. This brought the price down to $.72 each.

I paid $33.49 for my purchase today, as I used a $3 Register Reward coupon from last week. If you count this week's Register Rewards and not last week's, my total bill was $24.49.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saving With Seven is your source for great savings in the Waconia, MN area.

I love reading your comments! Comments may not show up instantly, as I do screen them for inappropriateness. If your comment is about a great deal that I think is something big, I may decide to create a new post based on your comment, rather than just adding it as a comment to another post. Thanks for reading Saving with Seven!