Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I LOVE Kwik Trip

Have I mentioned recently how much I love Kwik Trip? Well, I do. Where else can you get four 1/2 gallon bags of 2% milk, a .5 pint of strawberry milk, an apple, approximately two pounds of bananas and an M&M cookie for $4.79? Not at Mackenthun's or Target; that's for sure!

How did I do this, you might ask?  First, milk prices there are the best. At the moment, milk is $1.99 per gallon when purchased in 1/2 gallon bags. This is a sale price, but it is always at least $.20 less than the other stores. If you aren't familiar with bagged milk, what you do is slip the bag in a 2-quart pitcher and clip the corner off the bag. They have pitchers at the store that is shaped like the bag, but I just use a normal pitcher that I have on hand. When purchasing milk, make sure you get a Gallons for Gallons card punched. For every half-gallon, you get one punch. When all 20 punches are filled, you get to use it for $1 off your next gallon of milk. I got four punches today, but did not have a full card today. Oh, don't forget to save your bag tops. They have Milk Moola logos on them, worth $.05 each when you give them to your child's school.

Banana prices are also wonderful. They are $.37/lb.

The other items were obtained for free. My children each have a Kid's Club card. When I buy a gallon of milk, the child accompanying me has his/her choice of a free cake donut, cookie, bagel, apple or orange. Any kids ages 2-12 can join for free. Check out this link if you want to sign up: http://www.kwiktrip.com/kidsClub/  On the child's birthday, they get a coupon for a free .5 pint of milk and a free cookie. We used the .5 pint of milk coupon today. We saved the cookie coupon for a later date, as it doesn't expire, and I had a coupon for a free cookie that does expire. I got this coupon from their circular.

In case you don't know about their circular, it comes in the Star Tribune on the first Wednesday of the month and also in the Gold Miner the first week of the month (or maybe the last week of the month? I can't remember the delivery day of that one). Also in the circular are several gas discount coupons. This month, there was one for $.10/gal, one for $.07/gal and several for $.05/gal. Frequently there are coupons for $.99/dozen eggs, free donut or cookie, free first lb. of bananas or potatoes and there are normally $5.99 car wash coupons.

The other way that I save with Kwik Trip is through their Kwik Card. There is no annual fee, and I pay it off every month, avoiding interest charges. The benefits to this are 3% rebates on gas (5% promotional rate for the first four months) and 10% rebates on in-store purchases. Quarterly, I receive a check in the mail of my accumulated rebate amount to use on a future purchase. So, you could say that my purchase today only cost $4.31, as I earned a $.48 rebate. If you are the type of person who is accustomed to paying off your credit card each month, having one of these could save you money. Go here to apply: https://www.kwiktrip.com/kcaccess/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saving With Seven is your source for great savings in the Waconia, MN area.

I love reading your comments! Comments may not show up instantly, as I do screen them for inappropriateness. If your comment is about a great deal that I think is something big, I may decide to create a new post based on your comment, rather than just adding it as a comment to another post. Thanks for reading Saving with Seven!