Monday, April 2, 2012

Target 4/2/2012

When I got home from Target, I checked the mailbox to see if the postman had been here. He hadn't, so I rushed to get the UPC codes off my cereal boxes, get the Kellogg's rebate form filled out and the envelope ready to go. I had to hurry if I didn't want to make a special trip to the post office, as the Kellogg's rebate offer is ending today. Yes, the rebate forms say it ends at the end of the month, but it also says, "while supplies last," and if you go on their web page where the rebate form used to be, you will find that today is the last day to get them postmarked or they will not honor the rebates. I discovered this after I had already purchased two boxes of Rice Krispies at Walgreen's this morning, so I had to buy the other eight today. Anyway, in my rush to do all of that, I forgot to take a picture of my goods before putting them away. We'll have to make do without that today.

Target had some good match-ups today, plus some sales to go with them. 

Rice Krispies 12 oz. boxes were on sale for 3/$8. On www.target.com/coupons, there is a $1/3 selected Kelloggs cereals coupon (you can print this twice). Plus, there were Kelloggs coupons in the newspapers and online at Kelloggs.com for $1/2. Then, there was that rebate offer I mentioned at the beginning of this post. It was for $10 off 10 boxes of cereal. In addition, there were coupons on each of the boxes of Rice Krispies for a free bag of M&Ms with the purchase of two Rice Krispies. So, I got six boxes of Rice Krispies and three (appx. 10 oz each) bags of M&Ms (normally priced at $2.88 each)  for $5.02, or $.84/box plus half bag of M&Ms.

To finish off my rebate offer, I also purchased two boxes of Raisin Bran Crunch for $2.66 each, minus another of those printable coupons from Kelloggs.com for $1/2, minus $1 each for the rebate. That brought the price down to $1.66 each. I can't remember offhand how many ounces the Raisin Bran Crunch boxes were, but I think they were 14 oz. boxes.

Archer Farms fruit leather was not on sale, but there were $1/2 coupons on www.target.com/coupons. I bought four boxes at $2.49 each. That's $.25 per fruit leather strip.

Gogurt Simple was also not on sale, but there was a $.75/2 coupon on www.target.com/coupons. I also had a $.55/2 manufacturer's coupon from a previously purchased box of Gogurt. This brought the eight-pack of Gogurt down from $2.44 to $1.79, or $.22 each. 

Both of the previous two deals are really good, as I have six school-aged children who take home lunches to school. I aim for their sides to be $.25 or less each.

I'm feeling dumb on this next one. I looked for a coupon that I was sure I had seen previously on target.com/coupons. It was for Market Pantry crackers, but I couldn't find it. I needed graham crackers. I checked out with two 14.4 boxes of crackers for $2.24 each. After checking out, I discovered that the coupon I had been thinking of was in my coupon binder, worth $.75! It was a checkout coupon, not an online coupon. Ugh! But it is good for another 6 weeks, so it isn't like I won't be able to use it. Hopefully, I will remember to check out those checkout coupons in the future.

I  made two unplanned purchases. I checked out the girls' clearance racks. There were two items on the 70% off rack that I purchased. One was a really cute navy blue shirt with silk-like flowers below the front of the neck. It was $2.99. The other was a pajama set. I don't have any clothing for Katie beyond this summer, and this set will be her size come fall. It was $5.08.

I used four canvas bags at checkout, saving an additional $.20. I used my REDcard, which also saved another 5% off the total bill, which was a savings of $2.12. I always pay it off each month, so there are no interest fees. There is also not an annual charge for this card. If you can't use a credit card without carrying a balance, it isn't worth the discount.

My total for this trip was $40.76. Combine that with the Walgreen's trip of $33.49 and I have spent $74.25 this week on six bags of groceries. I have $12 in Register Rewards for next week and $10 in rebates coming in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saving With Seven is your source for great savings in the Waconia, MN area.

I love reading your comments! Comments may not show up instantly, as I do screen them for inappropriateness. If your comment is about a great deal that I think is something big, I may decide to create a new post based on your comment, rather than just adding it as a comment to another post. Thanks for reading Saving with Seven!